- HISA Submits Proposed Racetrack Safety Rule Changes To FTC For Approval
The Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority (HISA) has submitted proposed rule changes to its Racetrack Safety Program to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for review. A red-lined document noting these proposed changes is available here. The FTC will subsequently post […]
- ‘Passion And High-Energy Style’: Oaklawn Names Matt Dinerman New Track Announcer
Oaklawn Jockey Club in Hot Springs, Ark., announced Friday that Matt Dinerman has been hired as the track announcer for the upcoming Thoroughbred racing season, which begins Dec. 8. Dinerman, 31, comes to Hot Springs following a six-year stint as the track announcer at […]
- HISA Safety Proposals Target 2023 Issues, Concerns
Proposed changes the racetrack safety program of the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority has submitted to the Federal Trade Commission for review address many of the safety issues the sport experienced this year.
- Roses For Debra Seeks to Stay Perfect in Turf Monster
En route to her perfect record this year, she's never won by less than 2 1/4 lengths. This will be a different type of challenge for her, however, because Roses For Debra has never raced against the boys.
- Churchill Downs’ Barn Notes: Peruvian Chaun Ready to Stay in States Now
(Jockey Martin Chaun / Coady Photography) From the Churchill Downs Media Team: THIRD TIME IS A CHARM FOR CHUAN’S U.S. RIDING CAREER Peruvian jockey Martin Chuan has competed fulltime in the U.S. twice, but now, well into his third stint in North America, he’s ready to […]
- Kentuckians Wager Over $4 Million On Sports Betting — Already
From the Commonwealth of Kentucky: OFFICE OF GOVERNOR ANDY BESHEAR Gov. Beshear Provides Update on Sports Wagering One Week Ahead of Mobile Launch With first two weekends tallied, over $4.5 million wagered at sportsbooks in Kentucky Two weeks after opening in-person sports […]